Tuscan Pizza and Gelato Making Class
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
Great for families—or anyone who wants to learn to make pizza and gelato the Italian way—this informative and fun class is held in the
kitchen of an elegant wine estate in the Chianti region. After discovering the secrets of delicious pizza- and gelato-making, you’ll get to savor the specialties you made yourself—accompanied by acclaimed Chianti wine vintages.
What We Love About This Experience:
- Joining expert Tuscan chefs in the kitchen of an elegant boutique winery
- Learning hands-on pizza- and gelato-making techniques that you can bring home
- Enjoying a meal of your own creations, accompanied by delicious regional wine
“This was by far the best part of our trip to Florence! It was so nice to get out of the city and visit an old wine cellar. The chef gave such an amazing historical and educational tour of the cellar...he also taught us how to make Italian pizza and gelato from scratch! We got to take the recipes home with us. This cooking class was so much fun and the food and Chianti were delicious!”
-Toni, May 2016
After meeting your group at 6 p.m., you’ll board your private and comfortable coach for the ride to the Chianti region—where some of Italy’s most famous wine varietals are grown. Within a half-hour, you’ll arrive at a boutique winery estate, with a magnificent Renaissance Villa set amid vine-covered hills and olive groves. Here, you’ll tour the estate’s kitchen (adjacent to its 1,000-year-old cellar), get a cooking demonstration, and then don aprons to try your hand at making your own pizza and gelato from scratch. Once your creations are ready to eat, you’ll settle into a table in the adjoining dining room, where you’ll get to savor the meal you made yourself, along with delicious regional wines.
- Round-trip transport from Florence via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- All pizza- and gelato-making ingredients
- Dinner with wine tasting (or soft drinks)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed classes will not be refunded.
- Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances when booking.
- Please inform us if you plan to bring children younger than 5 years of age to class.