Siena and San Gimignano day tour with dinner
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Florence
- Product code: FT-CHIANTI007
Great for history buffs, foodies, and those with limited time to explore the Tuscan countryside, this day trip lets you experience the highlights of the region. Your group will visit the gorgeous cultural hub of Siena and the medieval hilltop town of San Gimignano. You’ll also get to enjoy the area's cuisine with a traditional Tuscan dinner and vineyard tour in the Chianti countryside. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide whose knowledge enriches very aspect of your trip.
Depart Florence for Siena in full comfort aboard our state-of-the-art coach, with your dedicated English-speaking driver and tour escort.
Enjoy a guided walking tour of this famous Tuscan city. Explore Piazza del Campo, the main central square where the famous Palio horse race takes place every year, then wander the city’s quiet backstreets. Your guide will tell you about the Contrade, 17 medieval city districts that compete against each other in the Palio. You’ll also enjoy a surprise tasting of a traditional Tuscan product.
Continue to San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most splendid examples of an ancient walled town. Renowned as “the city of beautiful towers” or "Tuscany's Manhattan" it boasts an exceptional skyline, featuring 12 preserved Tuscan tower houses. During your free time here, stroll the maze of quaint cobblestone streets, then gaze in awe at a marvelous sunset on the Tuscan hills.
Enjoy a typical Tuscan dinner at a boutique winery in the Chianti countryside. During your dinner you will also enjoy a wine tasting, pairing different wines with the various courses of your Tuscan meal. After dinner, learn about wine production during a tour of the vineyard’s ancient cellars. Board your air-conditioned coach and return to the tour departure point in Florence.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Visit two true gems of Tuscany: Siena, with a professionally guided walking tour, and San Gimignano
- Enjoy a delicious typical Tuscan dinner with wine tasting in a fascinating Chianti countryside location
Every day at 2:00 pm
Approx. 8 hours
April to October
BLACKOUT DATES: July 2nd - August 16th
People on this tour: min 1 - max 8
- Expert, English-speaking tour driver, and leader
- Small groups of 8 people or less
- Transportation in and out of Florence by comfortable coach
- Guided walking tour of Siena with an English-speaking guide
- Surprise tasting in Siena
- San Gimignano visit with free time
- Traditional Tuscan dinner in the Chianti countryside
- Guided visit of the wine cellars
- Tuscan wine tasting
- Free subscription to our Food & Wine Club, giving you discounts on wine and more
- Hotel Pick up
Important to Know:
- Please note that due to current Coronavirus, the Italian Government's directives and safety policies, all customers will be required to bring and wear their own mask during the entire visit. Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C you will unfortunately not be able to attend the tour.
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 20 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, guests in wheelchairs or with impaired mobility cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- This tour runs rain or shine.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.
Terms and conditions:
- You can cancel or modify your tour date and time up to 96 hours before arrival/ departure free of charge. If your tour modification is of greater value, you are subject to the price increase.
- Any cancellations made within 96 hours and no-shows are non-refundable.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one adult to join a tour or an activity.