Italy & Switzerland in One Day: Lake Como and Lugano Day Trip from Milan
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CW_MI_CL_G_E
Just an hour north of Milan lie the stunning twin alpine lakes of Como (in Italy) and Lugano (across the border in Switzerland). This all-day tour lets you experience both—with walking explorations among lake towns brimming with charming shops and restaurants, and a cruise that takes in fabulous waterfront villas and gorgeous scenery. Accompanying your small group (with a maximum of 25 people) will be an expert, English-speaking guide whose local knowledge will enrich every aspect of your journey.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Spying the extravagant waterfront villas of stars like George Clooney and Richard Branson while cruising Lake Como
- Poking among the luxury boutiques and elegant cafes along the cobblestoned streets of Bellagio
- Photographing the postcard-perfect town of Lugano, with its shimmering lakefront surrounded by snowy Alps
“This wonderful day trip provided a memorable tour that me and my family will never forget. Two lakes and two countries in one day may sound unrealistic; however, the organization, knowledge and fun on this tour are off the charts. VERY VERY VERY happy I found it.”
-Bella, August 2015
Stop 1: Lake Como
After meeting your group at Piazzale Luigi Cadorna, you’ll board a private, luxury coach for the hour-long trip north to Como. Along the
way your guide will point out sights of interest, and prepare you with information about the history and culture of the areas you’ll be visiting. Once you arrive at dazzling Lake Como—a retreat for the rich and famous for hundreds of years—you’ll board a comfortable boat for
a 2-hour cruise around the lake. You’ll hear stories about the owners of the fabulous villas lining the waterfront (some long-gone historic figures, others modern-day celebrities), get lots of photo opportunities, and enjoy a drink or snack at the onboard bar and restaurant.
Stop 2: Bellagio
Next, you’ll head to the picturesque lakefront village of Bellagio, widely known as “the pearl of Lake Como.” The narrow, cobblestoned
streets and historic tile-roofed buildings here are home to dozens of opulent boutiques selling jewelry, clothing, leather goods, and more—as well as high-end restaurants and charming cafés. You’ll be given free time to explore the town on your own and partake in the two most popular pastimes here: dining and shopping.
Stop 3: Lugano
called “the Monte Carlo of Switzerland,” this town, facing a glittering lake with a backdrop of snow-capped mountains, is another mecca for foodies and luxury shoppers. You’ll once again be allowed free reign to wander, take photos, stop for a meal or pastries, and stock up on Swiss chocolate before making the ride back to Milan.
- Round-trip transport between Milan, Como, and Lugano
- All entry fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please note that some tour participants will need to pre-arrange an entry visa to Switzerland in order to join this tour. Consult
this website for up to date information about visa requirements for Switzerland: https://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/einreise/merkblatt_einreise.html
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that photography may be prohibited inside some churches. Photography is permitted on all other parts of the tour.
Important to Bring:
- Clothing that covers your knees and shoulders. Entry into the Duomo and Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie
requires adherence to these dress codes.
- Good walking shoes, a hat, and sunscreen. The tour includes approximately three hours of walking, in many areas that are unshaded.