Skip the Line: Early Morning Ticket to Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CW_VA_SE_T
Great for art lovers and early birds who prefer to take in the highlights of the Vatican City without crowds, this small-group tour (with a maximum of 20 people) provides special access to the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums more than an hour before visiting throngs arrive. That means you’ll get to marvel at the world’s most famous frescoes in Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, and wander among precious antiquities in the Vatican Museums, in peace and quiet.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Taking in the artistic wonders of the Vatican Museums—including sumptuous ancient tapestries, maps, and sculptures
- Gazing at Michelangelo’s masterworks: the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel
- Avoiding crowds and bypassing entry lines
This was by far our favorite thing we did in Rome! I'm so glad we went in early... It was worth every cent to get our photos without the crowds and the tour was amazing!”
-Cynthia, April 2015
Stop 1: The Sistine Chapel
After meeting your guide near the entrance to the Vatican Museums bright and early—at 7:30 a.m.— you’ll be led straight to the jewel box that is the Sistine Chapel. Here, you’ll be surrounded by the stunning Michelangelo masterpieces that have adorned a million picture postcards—including the nine central panels of the chapel ceiling, each depicting a tale from Genesis (the most famous being The Creation of Adam). The best part: You’ll be there long before the chapel opens to other visitors.
Stop 2: The Vatican Museums
After your visit to the Sistine Chapel, you’ll have the option of spending as much time as you like exploring the Vatican Museums. Your guide will provide you with a map to help you navigate your own route through the museums’ galleries of ancient sculptures, ornate tapestries, Etruscan antiquities, and 16th-century Raphael frescoes. Then you’re free to explore on your own!
- Museums ticket and map
- Reservation fees granting you early-morning access
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that photography is prohibited inside The Sistine Chapel. Non-flash photography is permitted on all other parts of the tour.
Important to Bring:
- A small purse or camera bag only (no backpacks or large shoulder bags). Security checks at these sites restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside.
- Clothing that covers your knees and shoulders. Entry into some Vatican sites requires adherence to these dress codes.