Pompeii and Sorrento with Limoncello Tasting from Naples
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Naples
- Product code: CF-SP
About the Tour:
Great for history buffs and photographers, this unique tour lets you take in both of the Campania region’s most famous sights: the uniquely preserved ancient city of Pompeii, which was buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the 1st century. Afterwards you'll board the Campania Express train to Sorrento to take in this beaufiul village and sample the limoncello. Accompanying you will be an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge will deepen your appreciation of these remarkable destinations.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Relaxing, comfortable coach bus from Naples to Pompeii and Sorrento and back.
- Beautiful coastal vistas from the Sorrento village.
- Wandering among the vast and haunting ruins at Pompeii, an entire 1st-century city that was entombed in volcanic ash from an ancient eruption
Stop 1: Naples
You’ll begin your journey by meeting the tour leader at 8:15 a.m. at Naples train station, where you'll board your train to Pompeii Ruins.
Stop 2: Pompeii
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most remarkable ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll get to roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, and even brothels where ancient Pompeiians once spent their days—and even see the plaster casts of their remains. After your tour or Pompeii, you’ll board your train once more for the trip to Sorrento.
Stop 3: Sorrento
Stroll the alley's and squares of this enchanting town, homeland of the world famous Limoncello, a liquor made witht the fragrant leomos of the area. The town is perched above the sea giving you breath-taking view of the Bay of Naples and magical sunsets. With the help of your tour leader you'll get back on the Campania Express train to return you to Naples.
- Campania Express round trip tickets between Pompeii and Sorrento
- Entry fee to Pompeii
- Limoncello tasting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Price is based on minimum of 2 participants
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 30 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.