Getaway For A Day: Venice and Murano Island from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Duration: 15 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rome, Rome
- Product code: TRVEN
About the Tour:
What We Love About This Tour:
- Watching Murano glassmakers practice their craft, which has been handed down through generations of artisans
- Choosing gifts and keepsakes to take home that have been handmade in these unique artistic enclaves
- Best of Venice tour
- Leisure time in Piazza of St. Mark's Square to sip on espresso or enjoy gelato!
Stop 1: Venice
After meeting your group at 6:00 a.m. in Rome you board a high speed train to Venice Santa Lucia. After your guide greets you upon your arrival to Venice, you’ll board a vaporetto taking you through the Grand Canal to see some famous sites like the Rialto Bridge. Learn the fascinating history of Venice as you wander through this Romantic maze rich in secrets and characters like Casanova or Titan. Get stunned with the impressive St. Mark's Square and Basilica, as well as the elegant Doge's Palace that feature a typical Venetian style influenced by Oriental architecture. After a bit of leisure time in the Piazza San Marco for tasting an espresso or gelato. You’ll continue to your next stop Murano.
Stop 2: Murano
Take the short vaporetto boat to Murano—a tiny island known all over the world for its exquisitely elaborate colorful and glasswork. You’ll learn about the island’s history as a glassmaking enclave (which dates to the 13th century), visit an illustrious glass-making workshop, and watch a demonstration of how Murano glass is blown, colored, and shaped. You’ll also get to shop in the gallery boutique for glass pieces to bring or ship home.
Stop 3: Rome
Your return train will depart Venice at 6:25 p.m. for your relaxing ride back to Rome Termini station around 10:00 p.m.
- Greeter at Rome Termini Train station
- Round trip tickets on high-speed train to Venice
- Round-trip water taxi transport to Murano islands
- Glass factory tour
- Walking tour of Venice
- Leisure time in St Mark's Piazza
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Price is based on a minimum of 2 participants
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour
- A Child ticket is mandatory ages from 2 to 14 years. Infants 1 year and under are free.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. This tour includes several sets of stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the islands are not shaded.