Cinque Terre Excursion from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Duration: 15 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: TRCIN
About the Tour:
About 100 miles northwest of Florence lies a ruggedly beautiful region where UNESCO-listed medieval towns perch on dramatic seaside cliffs. This tour lets you take in the area’s highlights, including the centuries-old villages and breathtaking landscapes of the Cinque Terre National Park. Accompanying you will be an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge will deepen your appreciation of these remarkable destinations.
What We Love About This Tour:
- An early morning greeter at Rome Termini helps you get on your way for this enchanting full day excursion
- Visiting the architectural gems of the Cinque Terre—including churches, castles and homes in the towns of Vernazza and Manarola that date to the 14th century
- The peaceful charm of exploring by train, boat and on foot, in hamlets that aren’t accessible by car
Stop 1: Rome Termini Station
You’ll begin your journey on your train departing at 6:00 a.m. from Rome Termini, where you’ll meet your group and our greeter. The greeter will help you get to your train. You'll reach La Spezia in just 3 hours and is the gateway to the Cinque Terre Villages. In La Spezia you'll be met by your guide.
Stop 2: Monterosso
You will board the trains of the Cinque Terre region and embark to your first stop Monterosso, the largest of the five coastal villages. Located on hills cultivated with vines and olives, its famous for its amazing beaches, beautiful reefs and crystal clear waters of the sea. It is dominated by the ruins of hte casetle and characterized by typical narrow medieval streets with multi-colored terraced houses. At the local markets you'll have a chance to tase some of the most delicious foods of the Ligurian Riveria.
Stop 3: Vernazza
Vernazza, is a small fishing village and is probably the most characteristic of the Cinque Terre villages and is classified as one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. From Vernazza you will board the ferry to admire the island of Corniglia, located in the middle of Cinque Terre nad is only 100 meters above sea level.
Stop 4: Manarola
Arriving by boat to Manarola, built high on a rock 70 meters above sea level on the ofhte most charming and romantic of the villages. The tiny harbor features a boat ramp, picturesque colorful houses, a tiny piazza with seafood restaurants and cafes.
Stop 5: Riomaggiore
Upon boarding your train in Manarola for your final stop in the Cinque Terre villages is Riomaggiore, the southern most village.
- Greeter at Rome Termini
- Round-trip tickets to Cinque Terre via comfortable, high speed trains
- Cinque Terre train tickets
- Ferry boat one way ticket
- English speaking guide from La Spezia
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and Beverages
Important to Know:
- Price is based on a minimum of 2 participants
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that the ferry ride to Cinque Terre will occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are predisposed to motion sickness, please take necessary precautions before your journey.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.