Getaway for a Day: Florence Walking Tour with Chianti Wine from Rome
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: TRFLO
About this Tour:
With the help of fast track service board on your high speed train to reach Florence Santa Maria Novella in 1.5 hours. Explore the historical centre of the iconic city of Florence, the Capital of Tuscany that boasts an historical-artistic legacy known throughout the world. Its historic center is a living archive of both European and Italian culture, and your english speaking guide will lead you to discover its unforgettable highlights: Florence Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and its Brunelleschi’s dome, the Baptistry Doors by Ghiberti. See the Palazzo vecchio, dominating Piazza della Signoria, symbol of the power of Florence during the medieval times and Renaissance and close to it the Loggia della Signoria, an authentic open-air art gallery. Adjacent to Piazza della Signoria, you’ll see the building of Uffizi, hosting the famous art gallery, and its Vasari corridor that leads to the famous Ponte Vecchio.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Round trip high speed train from Rome to Florence.
- An enjoyable walking tour through the most iconic beauties of Florence
- Relaxing to a glass of Chianti wine
- The knowledge of an expert English speaking guide
- Optional add on tour of Accademia or Uffizi Gallery
After meeting up with your group guide, you’ll start off on your approximately 1.5-hour walk around the city. Your route will vary, but will take in many of the major Florentine points of interest—including The Duomo, the Palazzo Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery, the Baptistery of San Giovanni with its “Gates of Paradise”, Giotto’s Campanile, Brunelleschi’s Dome, the churches of Santa Trinita and Orsanmichele, the Ponte Vecchio, and the secret Vasari Corridor. Along the way, your guide will share with you the fascinating history behind these landmarks—with a special emphasis on the prominent and powerful Medici family, whose wealth and influence over centuries helped shape the city into the cultural and artistic hub it still is today. You'll finish your tour with a traditional aperitivo to welcome you to the city.
- Roundtrip High-speed train ticket from Rome to Florence
- Greeter at Rome Termini Station who will get you on your way.
- Expert English speaking guide meeting you in Florence
- Audio headsets if needed so you can always hear your guide
What’s not included:
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Skip the Line Entrance to Accademia or Uffizi Gallery *optional add-on*
- Ticket for the Accademia or Uffizi Gallery *optional as add on*
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Sunscreen, comfortable clothing and good walking shoes. Many parts of the tour are not shaded.