Pompeii Show & Go™
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: TPOMSG
About the Tour:
Our exclusive Show and Go Pompeii ™ invites you to join the tour without a reservation...just show and go! In the ruined city of Pompeii, which was buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the 1st century, is one of the most haunting and awe-inspiring ancient sites in the world. Your full-day tour provides an in-depth exploration of this singular site—and the rooms, streets, and temples where its residents spent their final moments. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide, whose knowledge helps bring this unique site to vibrant life.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Just show up and go, no reservations needed!
- Wandering among the streets, temples, homes, and streets of the ancient city, which was entombed in ash after the 1st-century eruption of Mount Vesuvius
- Learning about the lives of long-ago Pompeiians, who left behind extraordinary evidence of their art and culture
You’ll begin tour at Villa dei Misteri Circumvesuviana train station at the entrance of the Pompeii Ruins.
Available Monday through Saturday's with tour times from April 17th until October 31st: 10:00 a.m. 11:00 a.m. 12:00 am. 1:00 p.m. 2:00 p.m. Just check-in with our guides 30 minutes before.
Stop 2: Pompeii
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most extraordinary ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, baths, and even brothels where ancient city residents spent their days. You'll also see the plaster casts of human remains, which eerily depict the poses—and even facial expressions—of Pompeiians in their final moments.
2018 Black Out Dates:
Pompeii Show and Go is not available on any SUNDAY
There are times that Pompeii may be closed:
- Special skip the line access to Pompeii Excavation (Ruins)
- An expert english speaking guide
- All entry fees to Pompeii Excavation site
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.
Please be aware that all participants in a same booking must join the tour all together.