Tuscan Cooking Class: From Market to Table
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: TF_PX0DP5
About the Experience:
Great for foodies—or anyone who wants to learn to make regional specialties from the experts—this hands-on, full-day cooking experience brings you through every step of the process for a Tuscan chef. Your group will sample and purchase the day’s best ingredients at a local farmers’ market, then use them to create a delicious meal alongside the chefs at our dedicated cooking kitchen (formerly a traditional Florentine osteria). Finally, you’ll get to savor the specialties you made yourself—accompanied by fine regional wine vintages.
What We Love About This Experience:
- Working alongside expert chefs in a state-of-the-art cooking kitchen
- Learning hands-on techniques for cooking authentic Tuscan specialties—which you can bring home
- Enjoying a meal of your own creations, accompanied by delicious Tuscan wines
Stop 1: Florence Farmers’ Market
After meeting with your group, you’ll walk with your guide to the Florence Farmers' Market, and discover its amazing display of meats, breads, and produce. You’ll get to meet the butchers, bakers and farmers that provide local chefs—and home cooks—with the freshest ingredients. You will also taste some of their wares, and purchase what you’ll need for your cooking class.
Stop 2: Cooking Studio
Once you’ve got all your ingredients, you’ll take them to our modern, state-of-the-art cooking kitchen. Here, you’ll meet your chef hosts, tour the kitchen, and watch a cooking demonstration—and then don aprons and work alongside the chefs to create an authentic Tuscan meal using the ingredients you bought. (The menu will vary, but almost always includes pasta made from scratch.) Once your creations are ready to eat, you’ll settle into a table in the adjoining dining room, where you’ll get to savor the meal you made yourself, along with delicious regional wines.
- All cooking ingredients
- Lunch with wine-tasting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed classes will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please inform us in advance of any dietary restrictions.