Rome Food Pairing Class with Gourmet Food and Wine
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
About the Tour:
There's no more delicious way to learn about Italian wines than tasting them. This unique experience lets you sample some of the country's most esteemed varietals, along with traditional snacks, in an elegant Roman bar. You host, a knowledgeable, English-speaking sommelier, will deepen your appreciation of Italian viticulture.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Sampling wines from different wine regions around Italy, along with deliciously paired breads
- Enjoying an evening that feels more like a night out with friends than an organized tour
After meeting your sommelier at a location bar near Campo de' Fiori, you'll settle in with your group to sample varietals from some of the most venerable Italian growing regions (including Piedmont, Tuscany, Umbria, and Abruzzo). You’ll also learn about pairing wines with food, and taste some delicious traditional breads along with your vintages. Don’t be surprised if you end up wanting to stay in the neighborhood—or even the same bar—after your tasting ends!
- Tasting of 5 wines from various regions
- All wines paired with Italy's best cured meats and cheeses
- Pairings explained by an expert guide
- Tasting of 2 extra virgin olive oils
- Tasting of 1 balsamic vinegar
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Price is per person, based on a minimum of two people.
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after
departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Please inform us in advance of any special dietary requirements.