Tuscany in a Day: Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano with Lunch and Wine Tasting
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: TFTUSC
About the Tour:
Great for history buffs, foodies, and those with limited time to explore the Tuscan countryside, this day trip lets you experience the highlights of the region. Your group will visit the gorgeous cultural hub of Siena, the famously leaning Tower of Pisa, and the medieval hilltop towns of Lucca and San Gimignano. You’ll also get to enjoy the area's cuisine with a traditional Tuscan lunch. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide whose knowledge enriches every aspect of your trip.
- Taking photos at the world-famous leaning Tower of Pisa
- Learning about the storied traditions of Siena, like the Palio horse race
- Discovering the historic center of San Gimignano, with its postcard-worthy towers, churches, and squares
- Savoring a delicious authentic Tuscan meal
Stop 1: Pisa
After meeting your group in downtown Florence at 7:30 a.m., you’ll board your private and comfortable coach for the ride to Pisa. Once you've arrived, you'll head right to the famous Piazza dei Miracoli (Miracle Square), a grand, UNESCO-listed plaza anchored by the city's dazzling medieval baptistery and cathedral—along with its uniquely tilting campanile, better known as the Leaning Tower of Pisa. After exploring, you'll enjoy lunch here—and some local wine—with your group at a traditional Tuscan restaurant.
Stop 2: San Gimignano
The stunning medieval hilltop town of San Gimignano, with its soaring towers, fortress-like walls and winding streets, is your group’s next destination. You'll have time here to explore the town's charms—including its picturesque piazzas, tower houses, and 12th-century Duomo.
Stop 3: Siena
Your Tuscan adventure will conclude in Siena—a compact city whose architectural beauty and artistic culture rivals that of Florence. Here, you’ll take part in a guided walking tour of the city’s highlights—including its main square, Piazza del Campo, where the exhilarating Palio horse race that takes place each year. You'll then have time to explore some of the city on your own before heading back to Florence.
- Round-trip transport from Florence via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Authentic Tuscan lunch with wine
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.