Accademia Gallery Skip The Line Tour Including Michelangelo's David
From USD $53.00
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: TFACC
About the Tour:The Gallery of the Academy of Florence is known around the world for the artistic treasures it houses—most famously, Michelangelo’s David, considered by many to be his greatest sculptural masterpiece. This tour provides a close encounter with the iconic sculpture, as well as other art treasures in the gallery. Guiding you will be an English-speaking art expert whose knowledge illuminates the history and significance of these works.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Seeing the most famous piece of sculpture in the world—up close and in person
- Exploring among the other masterworks of the gallery, including Botticelli and del Sarto paintings
- Skipping entry lines to spend more time on art appreciation
Tour Itinerary:Stop 1: Galleria dell’Accademia
After meeting with your group, your guide will escort you past the entry queues at the Gallery of the Academy of Florence. You’ll head right for the gallery’s main attraction: Michelangelo’s singular and stunning David. Your guide will point out important details of the sculpture, and share the history of its creation (like the fact that Michelangelo was only in his twenties when he carved it from a single piece of Carrara marble). You’ll then be led to explore some of the gallery’s many other highlights—including two other (unfinished) Michelangelo works: Prigioni (“Prisoners”) and San Matteo; paintings by Botticelli, Uccello, and del Sarto; and Giambologna’s original plaster cast for The Rape of the Sabine Women.
- Entry fee for the gallery
- Special Skip-the-Line access
- Headsets that insure you always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours will not be refunded.
- Please note that flash photography, cell-phone use, and selfie sticks are not permitted inside the museum.
Important to Bring:
- A small purse or camera bag only (no backpacks or large shoulder bags). Security checks at the gallery restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside.