Amalfi Coast Day Tour from Rome by High-Speed Train: Small Group
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
About the Tour:
Some of the most gorgeous scenery in Italy lies along the Amalfi Coast, a 30-mile stretch south of Naples, where tiny villages cling to sheer cliffsides above the glittering Tyrrhenian Sea. This full-day trip allows you to take in the region’s highlights—including Amalfi cathedral and the terraced gardens of Ravello’s Via Rufolo—along with an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge will deepen your appreciation of these remarkable sites.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Driving along winding cliffside roads, where villages perch above the blue ocean far below
- Wandering through the streets of Amalfi town, with its graceful architecture, grand piazza and impressive cathedral
- Marveling at the sumptuous terraced gardens at Villa Rufolo, the jewel of the town of Ravello
Stop 1: Rome Termini to Naples
You’ll begin your journey at Rome Termini train station, once you’ve boarded your high-speed train to Naples. After the 2-hour ride, you’ll meet your guide at Naples Centrale and transfer to a private coach for your ride into the Campania region.
Stop 2: Amalfi Coast
Some of the most gorgeous scenery in Italy lies along the Amalfi Coast, a 30-mile stretch south of Naples, where tiny villages cling to sheer cliffsides above the glittering Tyrrhenian Sea. You’ll get to explore the winding streets and piazzas of towns like Amalfi and Ravello, make lots of stops for photos, and enjoy lunch at a waterfront restaurant.
Stop 2: Ravello
Set high on a clifftop overlooking the sea, the town of Ravello offers some of the most dramatic views on the Amalfi coast. Perhaps best of all are those spied from the lushly landscaped gardens of Villa Rufolo, where blooming trees and beds are set along a series of dizzying cliffside terraces. You’ll take them in—and learn all about the 13th-century estate they’re part of—before boarding your coach for the trip back to Naples.
- High-speed round-trip train tickets between Rome Termini and Naples Centrale
- Transport to Amalfi Coast and Pompeii via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Seaside restaurant lunch along the Amalfi Coast
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.