Getaway For A Day: Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi Coast from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rome
- Product code: TRPPAMA
Great for history buffs and photographers, this unique tour lets you take in the best of the Campania region’s most famous sights: First yo'll take in the uniquely preserved ancient city of Pompeii, which was buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the 1st century, then you'll stroll the graceful alley's of Positano and finish off with a view from sea of the dazzling land-and seascapes of the Amalfi Coast. You'll be met by our greeter at the Rome trains station to assist you with your train to Naples. In Naples, accompanying you will be an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge will deepen your appreciation of these remarkable destinations.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Exclusive greeter at the Rome Termini station to assist you in getting to your train.
- Round trip train ticket from Rome all the way to Pompeii on high-speed trains
- Driving along the winding cliffside roads, wandering through quaint villages, and stopping for photos and lunch along the stunning Amalfi Coast
- Wandering among the vast and haunting ruins at Pompeii, an entire 1st-century city that was entombed in volcanic ash from an ancient eruption
Stop 1: Rome Termini to Naples
You’ll begin your journey at 7:15 a.m. at Rome Termini train station, once you’ve boarded your high-speed train to Naples. After a little more than 1-hour ride, you’ll meet your guide at Naples Centrale and transfer to the Campania Express train bound for Pompeii.
Stop 2: Pompeii
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most remarkable ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll get to roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, and even brothels where ancient Pompeiians once spent their days—and see the haunting plaster casts of their remains. After your tour, you’ll board your coach for the trip the Positano Village.
Stop 3: Positano
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most remarkable ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll get to roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, and even brothels where ancient Pompeiians once spent their days—and see the haunting plaster casts of their remains.
Stop 4: Amalfi Coast
Some of the most gorgeous scenery in Italy lies along the Amalfi Coast, a 30-mile stretch south of Naples, where tiny villages cling to sheer cliffsides above the glittering Tyrrhenian Sea. You’ll board a ferry in Positano that will give you the opportunity to cruise along the Amalfi Coast and have the chance to take unforgettable photos of th town of Amalfi. The ferry will drop you off in Salerno, where you will board the Campania Express train for your return to Naples and Rome.
- High-speed round-trip train tickets between Rome Termini and Naples Centrale
- Campania Express train tickets geting you to Pompeii and back from Sorrento
- Transport from Pompeii to Positano via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Entry fee to Pompeii
- Ferry cruise from Positanot of the Amalfi Coast ending in Sorrento
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests
arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.