Capri Island & Pompeii Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train: Semi Private
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PCXM1F
About the Tour:
Great for both history buffs and fashionistas, this unique tour lets you take in one of the most remarkable historic sites in the world—the volcanically preserved ancient city of Pompeii—along with one of its most fabulous modern-day vacation hotspots: the
exclusive isle of Capri. An expert, English-speaking guide will accompany you, and deepen your appreciation of both these remarkable destinations.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Wandering among the vast and haunting ruins at Pompeii, an entire city that was entombed in volcanic ash when Mount Vesuvius erupted in the 1st century.
- Arriving in the dramatic cliff-top town of Capri, after a refreshing boat ride and a steep climb in a funicular.
- Exploring the island’s winding streets, with its numerous chic boutiques, restaurants, and alfresco cafes.
Stop 1: Rome Termini to Naples
You’ll begin your journey at Rome Termini train station, where you'll board your high-speed train to Naples. Once you've arrived, you'll transfer to a private coach for your ride to Pompeii.
Stop 2: Pompeii
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most extraordinary ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, and even brothels where ancient Pompeiians once spent their days—and even see the plaster casts of their remains.
Stop 3: Boat Ride to Capri
After driving back to Naples, you’ll board a boat that will take you on the 45-minute journey to Capri. You’ll dock among the anchored luxury
yachts of Capri’s Marina Grande.
Stop 4: Capri
The shops and restaurants of Capri town sit high on the cliffs above the harbor. You’ll take a quick funicular ride with your guide to get there—while marveling at the stunning views. Once you’ve arrived, you’ll have free time to wander among the town’s many chic shops (selling high-end beachwear, jewelry, perfume, and more), enjoy lunch on your own, and snap as many gorgeous photos as you like.
After your exploration, you’ll make the return trip by boat and train to Rome.
- Round-trip transport between Rome and Pompeii via train and coach
- Private boat transfer between Naples and Capri
- Entry fee at Pompeii
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that the boat journey to Capri will occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are predisposed to motion sickness, please take necessary precautions before your journey.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.