Amalfi Coast & Pompeii Day Tour from Rome by High-Speed Train: Large Group
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PSZTY1
About the Tour:
Great for history buffs and photographers, this unique tour lets you take in both of the Campania region’s most famous sights: the dazzling land-and seascapes of the Amalfi Coast, and the uniquely preserved ancient city of Pompeii, which was buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the 1st century. Accompanying you will be an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge will deepen your appreciation of these remarkable destinations.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Driving along the winding cliffside roads, wandering through quaint villages, and stopping for photos and lunch along the stunning Amalfi Coast
- Wandering among the vast and haunting ruins at Pompeii, an entire 1st-century city that was entombed in volcanic ash from an ancient eruption
Stop 1: Rome Termini to Naples
You’ll begin your journey at 7:15 a.m. at Rome Termini train station, once you’ve boarded your high-speed train to Naples. After the 2-hour ride, you’ll meet your guide at Naples Centrale and transfer to a private coach for your ride into the Campania region.
Stop 2: Amalfi Coast
Stop 3: Pompeii
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most remarkable ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll get to roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, and even brothels where ancient Pompeiians once spent their days—and even see the plaster casts of their remains. After your tour, you’ll board your coach once more for the trip back to Naples, and your train to Rome.
- High-speed round-trip train tickets between Rome Termini and Naples Centrale
- Transport to Amalfi Coast and Pompeii via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Entry fee to Pompeii
- Seaside restaurant lunch along the Amalfi Coast
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.