Pompeii Excursion from Naples
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Naples
- Product code: TNPOM
About the Tour:
The ruined city of Pompeii, which was buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the 1st century, is one of the most haunting and awe-inspiring ancient sites in the world. Your full-day tour provides an in-depth exploration of this singular site—and the rooms, streets, and temples where its residents spent their final moments. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide, whose knowledge helps bring this unique site to vibrant life.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Wandering among the streets, temples, homes, and streets of the ancient city, which was entombed in ash after the 1st-century eruption of Mount Vesuvius
- Learning about the lives of long-ago Pompeiians, who left behind extraordinary evidence of their art and culture
- Take the Campania Express train from Naples
Tour Itinerary:Stop 1: Naples Centrale to Pompeii Scavi
You’ll begin by meeting your guide at 8:15 a.m. outside the Naples train station, where we'll help you to board the Campania Express train a high quality railway taking you to the Pompeii Scavi Excavation site.
Stop 2: Pompeii
When the volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., it not only completely buried this adjacent city—it preserved it. Today, the excavated ruins here comprise one of the most extraordinary ancient sites in the world. Along with your guide, you’ll roam here through the temples, houses, theaters, baths, and even brothels where ancient city residents spent their days. You'll also see the plaster casts of human remains, which eerily depict the poses—and even facial expressions—of Pompeiians in their final moments.
- Greeter at the Naples train station
- Round-trip high-speed train tickets from Naples to Pompeii via Campania Express
- Skip the line access and entry fees to Pompeii Excavations
- Expert English speaking tour escort from Naples Train Station
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Price is based on a minimum of 2 participants
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 30 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.