Rome by Night Tour with Drinks & Appetizers: Small Group
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
About the Tour:
Great for history buffs and night owls, this atmospheric exploration of Rome’s highlights takes place long after the tourist crowds have dispersed. Your small group will explore lamp-lit city streets to visit famed sights like the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. You'll cap off your evening as the locals do—with drinks and small bites at an atmospheric local bar.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Gazing up at the open dome of The Pantheon—which is still considered an architectural marvel today
- Posing for pictures at two of the most-photographed sites in Rome: the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain
- Ending the evening with an aperitivo among locals at a classic Roman bar
Stop 1: The Spanish Steps: After meeting your group, you'll first stroll over to the best people-watching spot in Rome: the Scalina Spagna, better known as the Spanish Steps. This broad, trisected staircase, which leads from the Piazza di Spagna (below) to the Piazza Trinita dei Monti, has been a hub for street artists, musicians, and visiting crowds since the 18th century.
Stop 2: Trevi Fountain: This massive, 18th-century Baroque fountain is the largest in Rome—and it gushes such an enormous volume of water that you’ll likely hear it from a block away as you approach. Once there, you can join the throngs of visitors admiring its grand travertine façade, its sprawling aquamarine pool, and its marble statues of Oceanus and his Tritons. You can pose for photos, or just pretend you’re in Fellini’s La Dolce Vita.Stop 3: The Pantheon: When Michelangelo first saw this magnificent temple, he reportedly described it as appearing to be the work of angels. You’ll discover this sense of wonder yourself as you wander between its soaring Corinthian columns and beneath its stupendous, oculus-topped dome. Though nearly 2,000 years old, the structure is still the best-preserved remnant of ancient Rome.
Stop 4: Piazza Navona: Next you'll visit one of Rome’s most famous, and beautiful plazas: Piazza Navona. A sweeping, oval-shaped square that’s anchored by three historic fountains (including the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, or Fountain of the Four Rivers), it’s also a hub of nightlife for the modern city.
Stop 5: Drinks and Bites at a Classic Roman Bar: You'll finish your exploration by joining your group for a traditional aperitivo—drink or glass of wine with snacks—at a stylish city bar.
- Aperitivi at a classic Roman bar
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that one or more sites on this tour may occasionally experience last-minute, unforeseen closures. If this occurs, your group will instead be treated to alternate arrangements. Tour refunds or discounts will not be provided.
Important to Bring:
- A small purse or camera bag only (no backpacks or large shoulder bags). Security checks at some sites restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside.
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes several sets of stairs.