Rome at Twilight Walking Tour with Italian Tapas
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: TRWAP2
About this Tour:
Great for history buffs and those with limited sightseeing time, this tour lets you take in many of Rome’s top attractions in less than two hours. Your small group (with a maximum of 25 people) will visit such iconic sites as Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, and Piazza Navona—all of which sit amid bustling modern shops and cafés. Guiding you will be an English-speaking history expert, whose knowledge will bring these ancient attractions to vivid life.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Gazing up at the open dome of The Pantheon—which is still considered an architectural marvel today
- Posing for pictures at the Trevi Fountain
- Capping off the afternoon as many Romans do: with a visit to Piazza Navona, for a real Italian aperitif with wine and tapas!
Stop 1: Piazza di Spanga
After meeting your group at 6:00 p.m. near the Piazza di Spagna, you’ll admire the the best people watching destinations in Rome; the Scainata di Piazza.
Stop 2: Trevi Fountain
This massive, 18th-century Baroque fountain is the largest in Rome—and it gushes such an enormous volume of water that you’ll likely hear it from a block away as you approach. Once there, you can join the throngs of visitors admiring its grand travertine façade, its sprawling aquamarine pool, and its marble statues of Oceanus and his Tritons. You can pose for photos, or just pretend you’re in Fellini’s La Dolce Vita.
Stop 3: The Pantheon
When Michelangelo first saw this magnificent temple, he reportedly described it as appearing to be the work of angels. You’ll discover this sense of wonder yourself as you wander between its soaring Corinthian columns and beneath its stupendous, oculus-topped dome. Though nearly 2,000 years old, the structure is still the best-preserved remnant of ancient Rome.
Stop 4: Piazza Navona
Your tour finishes at one of Rome’s most famous, and beautiful plazas: Piazza Navona. A sweeping, oval-shaped square that’s anchored by three historic fountains (including the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, or Fountain of the Four Rivers), it’s also a hub of nightlife for the modern city, here you'll enjoy your final stop with a glass of wine and Italian tapas.
- All entry fees
- Headsets that ensure you always hear your guide
- Italian Apertif & Tapas in a traditional friendly café
- Not Included:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- This tour requires a minimum of two participants.
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that one or more sites on this tour may occasionally experience last-minute, unforeseen closures. If this occurs, your group will instead be treated to alternate arrangements. Tour refunds or discounts will not be provided.
Important to Bring:
- A small purse or camera bag only (no backpacks or large shoulder bags). Security checks at some sites restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside.
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.