Rome Walking Tour with Italian Drink
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
Great for history buffs and those with limited sightseeing time, this tour lets you take in many of Rome’s top attractions in less than three hours. Your small group (with a maximum of 24 people) will visit such iconic sites as The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, and Piazza Navona—all of which sit amid bustling modern shops and cafés. Guiding you will be an English-speaking history expert, whose knowledge will bring these ancient attractions to vivid life.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Gazing up at the open dome of The Pantheon—which is still considered an architectural marvel today
- Posing for pictures at two of the most-photographed sites in Rome: the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain
- Capping off the afternoon as many Romans do: with a visit to Piazza Navona, a locus of restaurants and bars
“This was my first visit to Rome and it was an excellent way to get familiar with the city. The walking tour was at a comfortable pace and the guide was excellent; she gave us lots of detail and history about what we saw. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting Rome for the first time.”
- MJ, November 2014
Stop 1: The Spanish Steps
After meeting your group at 5:30 p.m. near the Piazza di Spagna, you’ll walk to the best people-watching destination in Rome: the Scalina Spagna, better known as the Spanish Steps. This broad, trisected staircase, which leads to the Piazza Trinita dei Monti above, has been a gathering place for street artists, musicians, and visiting crowds since the 18th century.
Stop 2: Trevi Fountain
This massive, 18th-century Baroque fountain is the largest in Rome—and it gushes such an enormous volume of water that you’ll likely hear it from a block away as you approach. Once there, you can join the throngs of visitors admiring its grand travertine façade, its sprawling aquamarine pool, and its marble statues of Oceanus and his Tritons. You can pose for photos, or just pretend you’re in Fellini’s La Dolce Vita.
Stop 3: The Pantheon
When Michelangelo first saw this magnificent temple, he reportedly described it as appearing to be the work of angels. You’ll discover this sense of wonder yourself as you wander between its soaring Corinthian columns and beneath its stupendous, oculus-topped dome. Though nearly 2,000 years old, the structure is still the best-preserved remnant of ancient Rome.
Stop 4: Piazza Navona
Your tour finishes at one of Rome’s most famous, and beautiful plazas: Piazza Navona. A sweeping, oval-shaped square that’s anchored by three historic fountains (including the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, or Fountain of the Four Rivers), it’s also a hub of nightlife for the modern city.
- All entry fees
- Headsets that insure you always hear your guide
- Italian Apertif in a traditional friendly café
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that one or more sites on this tour may occasionally experience last-minute, unforeseen closures. If this occurs, your group will instead be treated to alternate arrangements. Tour refunds or discounts will not be provided.
- A small purse or camera bag only (no backpacks or large shoulder bags). Security checks at some sites restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside.
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.