Borghese Gallery and Gardens Tour, No Wait: Small Group
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rome, Lazio
One of the most rarely visited sights in Rome (due to strict ticketing rules), the Borghese Gallery is also one of its most magnificent. This tour allows your small group (with a maximum of 12 people) to explore the Titian, Caravaggio, and Bernini masterpieces inside the gallery, without crowds. It also brings you through many of the surrounding, beautifully landscaped gardens—which comprise one of Rome’s largest public parks. Guiding you will be an English-speaking art and history expert, whose knowledge illuminates the stories behind these attractions.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Gaining access to one of the most exclusive art collections in Rome—without waiting in entry queues
- Gazing at masterworks by Caravaggio, Raphael, Titian, and Bernini, without the distraction of crowds
- Strolling among locals through the blooming gardens, statuary and fountains of the Borghese Gardens
"I think it was the combination of our terrific guide, the intimacy of the tour group, and the limited visitors in the Borghese Gallery that made my husband and I consider this the highlight of our European honeymoon. I highly recommend this tour to anyone going to Rome, even if you're not into arts. It's enlightening, charming and just amazing!"
-Elaine, May 2015
Stop 1: Galleria Borghese
After meeting your group near the entry of the lavish white villa that houses the Borghese Gallery, you’ll check your bags and then be ushered inside to wander among one of the most outstanding art collections in Rome. Among the works you’ll see, and learn about, are sumptuous paintings by Caravaggio, Titian, Rubens, Raphael, and Bernini.
Stop 2: Borghese Gardens
The 148-acre estate that surrounds the Borghese Gallery functions as one of Rome’s loveliest and most popular public parks. The property, much of which was designed in the 19th-century in the style of English gardens, includes shaded statuary-lined paths, elegant fountains, lakes, lawns, and many, many blooming flowers—in other words, it’s a marvelous place for a stroll.
- All entry fees
- Headsets that insure you always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- The Borghese Gallery specifically prohibits carrying bags inside. All bags will be checked in before entry to the museum.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Please note that one or more sites on this tour may occasionally experience last-minute, unforeseen closures. If this
occurs, your group will instead be treated to alternate arrangements. Tour refunds or discounts will not be provided.
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.