Rome Ghost & Mystery Walking Tour, Small Group
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
The rich and varied history of Rome includes countless spine-tingling stories and legends—many dating back to medieval times and the Inquisition—which are especially chilling to learn after dark. This nighttime walking tour alongside an English-speaking guide brings you to some of the most haunted spots in the city—including the house of its most notorious murderer, and sites where executions took place. It's a side of the Eternal City you'd never see in the daytime.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Wandering through Rome's beautiful buildings, landmarks, and alleys—which take on a mysterious cast at night
- Learning about aspects of Roman history that aren't covered in other city tours: its murders, executions, and ghosts
After meeting your group near Campo dei Fiori at the church of Sant'Andrea della Valle, you'll set off on a 1.5-hour tour through some of the most historically mysterious sites in the city. Among them: lovely piazzas where heretics were once roasted to death; the stately building where the city's most infamous mass-murderer worked, and a bridge said to be haunted by the ghost of a female pope who legendarily reigned—and was killed—during the Middle Ages.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.