Roman Countryside Vineyards and Wine Tasting
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rome
- Product code: TRFRAS
Just an hour southeast of Rome are the beautiful rolling hills—and award-winning wineries—of the Frascati wine-growing region. On this half-day tour, great for wine enthusiasts and those with limited time to explore, you’ll get to have a true Italian wine and fraschetta tasting experience in the small quant village of Castelli Romani. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide, whose knowledge about the region’s wine traditions will enrich every aspect of your trip.
What We Love About This Tour
- Round trip train tickets from Rome
- Learning about the culture and history of the area’s varietals and vintners in the Frascati wine region's olive groves and grape vines
- Enjoying a traditional dinner served in a Fraschetta including your wine
“Our guide was very personable and engaging, and her enjoyment and enthusiasm really showed. In addition to the information about
wine and the winery, she also had good tips for Rome first-timers about the city and Roman history and culture.”
-Sean, October 2015
Stop 1: Train Through the Frascati Wine Region
In the late afternoon, you'll board your train for the 30 minute ride to the vineyards of the Frascati region. During the ride, which will take you through rolling hills planted with olive groves and wine grapes, your guide will tell you about the area’s centuries-old winemaking traditions.
Once you arrive at the charming town of Castelli Romani —one of the most pleasant towns in the Roman countryside, The town's elevation is 320 metres above seat level and has a mild climate and its splendid, rich, luxuriant landscape, makes growing grapes ideal. Here, with they help of your guide, you’ll take an informative stroll through alleys of this town to sample wines and see the main attractions, and at the end you;ll enjoy your special dinner in a typical "Fraschetta". The fraschetta in Frascati is uniquely Italian, and something you should absolutely endulge in.
After enjoying yourself on this local experience , you'll board your train for a restful 30 minute ride back to Rome.
- Round trip wine-tasting transport via comfortable regional train
- Walking Tour of Castelli Romani
- Special dinner with your wine included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Price is based on a minimum of 2 participants
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.