Horseback Riding in Chianti Vineyards
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Florence, Tuscany
- Product code: FT_HORSE
Great for foodies, wine enthusiasts—or anyone who loves the idea of horseback riding through Tuscany’s lovely landscapes—this tour lets you enjoy a uniquely relaxing wine-country experience. Your small group (with a maximum of 8 people) will ride for about an hour through the olive groves and vineyards of the famous Chianti region, then visit a winery estate to taste and learn about of the region’s top varietals. You’ll also get to savor an authentic Tuscan meal. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide whose knowledge enriches every aspect of your trip.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Learning about the Chianti region’s famed wine-making history and traditions—from the vintners themselves
- Taking in the area’s spectacular beauty by riding among olive groves and vine-covered hillsides
- Sampling the region’s top varietals—including Chianti Classico and Sangiovese—along with an authentic Tuscan meal
“We had the best time!! Our guide was outstanding—warm, personable, professional and extremely knowledgeable. Horseback riding through the vineyards was awesome, the wine and lunch delicious. I would highly recommend this excursion.”
-Karen, April 2015
Stop 1: Chianti Stable and Riding Lesson
After meeting your group (at 9:30 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.), you’ll board your private and comfortable coach for the half-hour ride to the Chianti region—where some of Italy’s most famous wine varietals are grown. You’ll be brought to a stable in the heart of wine country where you’ll be matched with a horse, have a brief riding lesson, and then set off on the (approximately hour-long) horseback part of your journey.
Stop 2: Chianti Winery Estate
More than 700 grape growers farm the approximately 100-square-mile region of Chianti—and your ride will bring you through vine-covered hills, olive groves, and medieval villages to visit one of the area’s esteemed vineyard estates. Though the specific winery will vary, it will likely be a family operation that has employed the same techniques for growing, harvesting, and aging for generations.
Stop 3: Authentic Tuscan Meal
Your final tour experience will allow you to pair some of the unique Chianti wines you’ve learned about with authentic Tuscan specialties. Enjoying handmade pastas, fresh-baked breads, cured meats and olives—in the dining room of a boutique winery estate—is a delicious way to end your tour.
- Round-trip transport from Florence via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Wine tasting and vineyard tour
- Authentic Tuscan meal at a winery estate
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- No riding experience is necessary to participate in this tour.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate children under the age of 14 on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Sunscreen, comfortable clothing and shoes. You will be riding for approximately 1 hour on the tour, on routes that are mostly unshaded.