Florence Bicycle Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Florence, Tuscany
- Product code: FT_FLRBIKE
Florence is a perfect destination for bicycling: mostly flat, crisscrossed by small avenues where buses can’t go, and filled with gorgeous landmarks and neighborhoods that are wonderful to explore alfresco. This half-day tour—great for families, or those who have just arrived in Florence—provides an ideal way to learn your way around the city and touch on its most important highlights (though it doesn’t include entry to museums and historical sites, you’ll know where to go on your own later). You’ll be accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge of the city will enrich every aspect of your exploration.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Getting a leisurely, fun, informative orientation to the highlights of Florence (including The Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, and the Uffizi Gallery)
- Exploring parts of the city that other, vehicle-based tours don’t include
- Sampling one of the city’s signature treats: delicious gelato or coffee from a Florentine café
“The first thing I did when I arrived in Florence was take this bike tour. It’s such a great way to get your head around the city; I really loved the experience. Our tour guide was lovely and very knowledgeable; it was great to get some inside knowledge of what sights to see and what to look out for. We stopped for gelato at a great authentic place, and saw the most amazing sunset during the tour.”
-Susie, October 2015
After meeting with your group, you’ll be led to our bicycle depot, where you’ll be matched with a bike and gear, and start off on your approximately three-hour, leisurely ride around the city. Your route will vary, but will take in many of the major Florentine points of interest—including The Duomo, the Palazzo Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery, the basilicas of Santa Maria Novella and Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Pitti and the Boboli Gardens. You’ll also, however, explore some more off-the-beaten-path spots, like the Piazzale Michelangelo in the Oltrarno district, that offer spectacular views over the city. You’ll have many chances for photo opportunities and to sample gelato or coffee from a typical Florentine café.
- City-style bicycle and helmet
- Gelato or coffee at a Florentine café
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Families with children are welcome to join the tour! Child seats, trailers, and helmets are available on request.
- Children must be at least 9 years old to ride independently; those younger than 9 may ride on a tandem bike, or in a child seat, with a parent.
- Please note that only the outside of monuments and museums will be visited on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Sunscreen, comfortable clothing and shoes. You will be biking for approximately 3 hours during the tour, on roads that are mostly unshaded.