Florence Arno River Cruise
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: FT_BOAT
Great for history buffs—and those who want to take in the sights of Florence away from crowds—this evening boat tour lets you enjoy the city in a uniquely relaxed way. Your small group (with a maximum of 25 people) will get both a brief walking tour on the way to your barchetto, and a leisurely boat ride along the Arno—all while learning the city’s stories and history from your English-speaking guide.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Getting away from crowds and seeing the sights of Florence from a unique, and serene, angle
- Enjoying passage aboard one of Florence’s lovely, traditional wooden barchetti
- Learning about the city while relaxing with an evening on-board aperitivo
“A delightful experience. Our guide was lovely and very funny; the trip was relaxed and informative. Cruising along the Arno with a glass of Prosecco is just the best way to see the Ponte Vecchio...away from the crowds and the bustle of the tourists. Just lovely! So glad we did it. “
-Gerrard, May 2015
After meeting your group (at either 6 p.m. or 7 p.m.), you’ll take a half-hour guided stroll from Piazza Signoria to the embarcadero (where you’ll board your boat). Along the way, your guide will point out important sites—including the Palazzo Vecchio and Uffizi gallery—and share their history and significance.
Stop 2: Barchetto Cruise
Once you reach the embarcadero, you’ll board your barchetto—a traditional wooden gondola-type boat, only a few of which still ply the Arno. As your barcaiolo (boatman) gently poles your vessel along the river, you’ll float past the Uffizi gallery and beneath the beautiful Ponte Vecchio, then past the Santa Trinita Bridge and the amazing Palazzo Corsini. You can sip a glass of Prosecco as you listen to your guide’s colorful local stories and lore about these sites...and watch the sun lower over Florence.
- Glass of Prosecco during the cruise
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours will not be refunded.
- Please inform us if you plan to bring children younger than 5 years of age on the tour.