Traditional Italian Pizza-Making in Rome
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Roma, Italy
- Product code: TRPIZZA
You’ll start with an introduction to your local Italian Chef! You'll learn to make real Italian food in a hands on cooking class. Held at a local pizzeria you’ll roll your own pizza using fresh, locally sourced ingredients and some of the best dough in town. Fun for both kids and adults, you’ll roll the dough, add your ingredients, and slide it into the huge, wood-burning oven. As you feast on your gourmet treat your expert foodie guide will explain some of Italy’s pizza traditions and give you an inside look at the culture that surrounds this most treasured food.
After you have eaten your pizza you’ll enjoy that most Italian of treats – cannoli & coffee!
As part of a group of 12 people or fewer, you’ll have plenty of time and access to quiz your expert foodie guide on everything you want to know about Roman food. The guide will also offer you advice on when, where and how to eat in Rome so you won’t just eat well during the tour, you’ll eat like a local for the rest of your trip.
- Learn some of the secrets of Italian food, like how to pick the freshest produce, why you shouldn’t put parmesan on every pasta and whether mozzarella di bufala actually comes from a buffalo.
- Make your own pizza in a real pizzeria and learn all about the styles and traditions surrounding Italy’s most famous culinary export.
- Get restaurant and food recommendations from your expert foodie guide, along with tips on how to choose the best when you’re on your own.
- Enjoy a small group of 12 people or fewer with amazing access to your expert, passionate guide and all-inclusive food at all the stops on the tour.
- Pizza-making at a central Rome pizzeria
- All locally sourced ingredients for your pizza
- A chef's hat and apron
- Your authentic Pizza Graduation certificate
- Pizza & dessert along with beverages
- Expert local foodie to give you insider tips & tricks
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Price is set based on a minimum of two participants.
- Children are ages 6-12, Infants 5 and under are free.
- Please notify us before booking if you have any food allergies, dietary restrictions, or other special requirements during your Rome pizza making class. Also, please note that if the weather does not permit eating on the terrace, the aperitivo and dinner will be held indoors.
- Meeting and Ending Location is Rossopomodoro Restaurant, Largo di Torre Argentina