Wine Tour of Chianti, Tuscany
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Florence
- Product code: FT_WINE
Great for history buffs, foodies, and wine enthusiasts—or anyone with limited time to explore Tuscany—this tour lets you enjoy the quintessential wine-country experience in just half a day. Your small group (with a maximum of 16 people) will visit two different wineries in the famous Chianti region, taste and learn about of the region’s top varietals, and savor an authentic Tuscan meal at an elegant winery estate. Accompanying you will be an English-speaking guide whose knowledge enriches every aspect of your trip.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Learning about the Chianti region’s famed wine-making history and traditions—from the vintners themselves
- Taking in the area’s spectacular beauty with vineyard walking tours
- Sampling the region’s top varietals—including Chianti Classico and Sangiovese—along with an authentic Tuscan meal
“My partner and I in the company of our three month old son were lucky enough to enjoy this Tuscan Wine Trail tour and were guided by a very professional, relaxed and knowledgeable guide. We enjoyed the beautiful wines, food and of course scenery of the Tuscany region. The Chianti and Chianti Classico villas and wineries are simply amazing.”-Charlie, August 2015
Stop 1: Drive Through Chianti
After meeting your group, you’ll board your private and comfortable coach for the half-hour-long ride to the Chianti region—where some of Italy’s most famous wine varietals are grown. During the drive, which will take you through rolling hills planted with olive groves and wine grapes, your guide will tell you about the area’s centuries-old wine-making traditions.
Stops 2 and 3: Chianti Winery Estates
More than 700 grape growers farm the approximately 100-square-mile region of Chianti—and your tour will bring you to visit two distinct examples of the area’s vineyard estates. Though the specific wineries will vary, you’ll be sure to explore at least one family operation that has employed the same growing, harvesting, and aging techniques for generations; you may also visit a winery that uses organic grape-growing and wine-making methods. At each estate, you’ll get a walking tour, meet the vintners, and enjoy a hosted tasting of their finest vintages.
Your final tour experience will allow you to pair some of the unique Chianti wines you’ve learned about with authentic Tuscan specialties. Enjoying handmade pastas, fresh-baked breads, cured meats and olives—in the dining room of a centuries-old boutique winery estate—is a delicious way to end your tour.
- Round-trip transport from Florence via comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Wine tasting and vineyard tours
- Authentic Tuscan meal at a winery estate
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- This tour runs at 9:00am from November through February. From March 1st tour is available at 9:30am & 3:00pm
Important to Bring:
- Good walking shoes for the vineyard tours.
- A hat, sunscreen, and bottled water. Many parts of the itinerary are not shaded.