Rome Segway Tour: Semi-Private
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
About the Tour:
What We Love About This Tour:
- Exploring many of Rome’s most important landmarks in just a few hours, without fatigue
- Enjoying the fresh air while zipping throughthe city’s busy pedestrian plazas and parks (inaccessible to other vehicles)
- Learning about the city’s culture and history through the informative, entertaining commentary of your guide
After meeting with your group near the Piazza Venezia, you’ll get outfitted with a Segway, helmet, and headset and have a quick instructional session about how to ride. Then, along with your small group (with a maximum of 8 people), you’ll head off on your 3-hour riding tour of Rome! Your route will vary, but will take in many of the city’s top attractions, including The Colosseum, The Roman Forum and Circus Maximus, Trajan’s Column, and the ancient ruined palaces and gardens of the Aventine and Capitoline hills. You’ll also get to spy some of Rome’s lesser-known secret spots, like the keyhole in the gate of the Knights of Malta Square—which offers a perfect view over St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Segway rental, helmet and orientation
- Audio headphones, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure
cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Please note that only the exteriors of sites and historic landmarks are visited.
- If you are unfamiliar with riding a Segway, please watch this Segway Orientation Session Video before joining the tour.
- Tour participants must be at least 14 years of age.
- The use of the Segway is not recommended for pregnant women and for people over 70 years old.
- Riders must weigh at least 90 pounds, and no more than 265 pounds, to ride a Segway.
Important to Bring:
- Sunscreen, comfortable clothing and shoes. You will be biking for approximately 3 hours during the tour, on roads that are mostly unshaded.
- A small camera bag or purse only. Large shoulder and camera bags cannot be accommodated on a Segway.