Rome Bike Tour & Food Tasting
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: SEG_RO_BK_FD
Rome is a wonderful destination for bicycling: crisscrossed by small avenues where buses can’t go, and filled with gorgeous landmarks and neighborhoods that are wonderful to explore alfresco. This half-day tour—great for families, or those who have just arrived in the city—provides an ideal way to learn your way around the city and touch on its most important highlights (though it doesn’t include entry to landmarks and historical sites, you’ll know where to go on your own later). You’ll be accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide, whose knowledge of the city will enrich every aspect of your exploration.
What We Love About This Tour:
- Getting a fun, informative orientation to the highlights of Florence (including The Colosseum, The Pantheon, and Campo dei Fiori)
- Exploring parts of the city that other, vehicle-based tours don’t include
- Sampling some of the city’s signature treats, like breakfast pastries, delicious gelato, and coffee from classic Roman cafés
After meeting with your group near the Piazza Venezia, you’ll be led to our bicycle depot, where you’ll be matched with a bike and gear, and start off on your approximately three-hour, leisurely ride around the city. Your route will vary, but will take in many of the major Roman points of interest—including The Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona. You’ll also, however, explore some more off-the beaten-path spots, like the Jewish ghetto. You’ll have many chances for photo opportunities along the way; you’ll also make stops for traditional Roman breakfast pastries, coffee, and gelato.
- City-style bicycle and helmet
- Breakfast pastry, gelato and coffee at classic Roman cafés
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Important to Know:
- Please be sure to arrive at the tour departure point 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded.
- Children under 10 years of age must demonstrate expert bicycle handling in order to ride independently. Child seats are available for children aged 2 to 5.
- Please note that only the outside of monuments and museums will be visited on this tour.
- Children prices are applicable for ages 4 to 10 years. Children under 3 are free!
- Sunscreen, comfortable clothing and shoes. You will be biking for approximately 3 hours during the tour, on roads that are mostly unshaded.